Services Overview

In 40 years of leading the energy-from-waste industry in the US, Wheelabrator Technologies has gathered a cadre of leading experts in the field. We offer community, corporate and industrial customers a range of services based on our expertise.

In offering municipal solid waste disposal services to the communities we operate in, we ensure that millions of tonnes of unwanted materials found in everyday household waste are used as fuel to create needed electric power, steam and heat. Wheelabrator pioneered energy-from-waste in the US in 1975. Today, we continue to generate clean baseload power from solid waste, creating local energy for our communities where local waste becomes fuel for local power. 

At Wheelabrator, we recognize that businesses have very particular needs when it comes to handling waste. We offer contracts designed to meet the specific needs of your business, whether you use a private hauler or bring waste to us directly to receive and dispose of your waste in an environmentally and economically sound way.

Wheelabrator’s Special Waste Services are safe and effective, guaranteeing complete, timely, assured destruction of your special waste, while using it as a fuel for clean power.

Our energy-from-waste facilities recover tens of thousands of tons of ferrous and non-ferrous metals every year that would otherwise go to a landfill, directly reducing both greenhouse gas emissions and the need to mine more raw materials.

Wheelabrator pioneered energy-from-waste technologies in the US more than 40 years ago. We've developed best practices for handling the 10 percent of waste that remains after the other 90 percent fuels clean power—including the siting, design, construction, safe operation and retirement of ash management facilities.